Tuesday 13 October 2015

Store Cupboard Chocolate Cakes

I wanted to bake so I Googled the ingredients I had in my cupboard and one of the recipes that came up was this one. I adapted it slightly by decorating them with what I wanted. 


Here are the ingredients I used (they aren't all in the picture)

Ingredients

150g Plain Flour
30g Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 1/4 Teaspoons Bicarbonate of Soda
1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
175g Muscovado Sugar
115g Vegetable Oil
80g Milk
1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 Large Eggs

The recipe is really quick and easy once you have measured everything out.

Add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt together. Mix them really well which you could with your hands. In a separate bowl beat the eggs with a fork for 10-15 seconds to loosen them well. To the eggs add the vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.  Mix well together, a balloon whisk for 30 seconds should do it.

If you pour the mixture into a large jug it makes pouring into the cases easier. Fill the cases two thirds of the way up.and bake in the oven for 17 - 20 minutes.

Leave them to cool on a wire rack, they can be eaten naked or decorate them however you please.

I decorated mine with Nutella spread and Chocolate buttons, they taste amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment