Sunday 3 January 2016

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year. I currently have that Sunday Night back to work feeling after having a week and a half off. I have had time to reflect and I'm not going to make a new years resolution this year, however I have thought about a few changes I would like to make and goals I would like to achieve.




1. Blog more - 
About 6 months ago I decided to start this blog, I know I am not the most consistent blogger which is where I would like to make my first change. I have come up with some ideas of things I am going to blog about and dedicated a whole notebook to it. I enjoy doing my blog, thinking of ideas and releasing my creativity which is why I want to put as much effort as I can into it. 

2.  Drink more water - 
I say this all the time. I find this so much easier in the summer when it is warm but in the winter I love hot drinks. I drink a lot of herbal tea which I think is a step in the right direction. I suffer from eczema so treating my skin right is really important. I have bought bottled water and intend to take one with me wherever I go.

3. Sew more - 
I do miss sewing and would love to get my sewing machine back out. I need to create a place to sew before I can do this as I usually do it in the living room where my sewing machine isn't always welcomed. My aim is to make something new each month. I already have a couple of ideas which I need to write down. 

4. Anxiety - 
I suffer from anxiety which can make certain situations difficult for me especially social ones. At its worst it can mean that I avoid these situations and get quite down. My anxiety has been pretty bad recently and I really want to seek some help for it. I no longer want it to hold me back from doing anything. 

5. New job? - 
The last one is to evaluate my job situation, ask myself if I am truly happy there and where I can see it going. I would love to do something with my degree in Fashion and it irritates me that I haven't. I have been really hard on myself about it in the past but I feel like this isn't too late to change. I fell like my anxiety has been holding me back for the most part but also fear. I need to concentrate on the positives rather than any negatives. 

I know this all seems quite a lot but I am going to do it gradually, concentrate on one thing at a time to avoid myself from getting overwhelmed. I would love to hear your new year goals or any resolutions you have made.


No comments:

Post a Comment