Tuesday 12 January 2016

Healthy Snacks

It's January and everyone re-evaluates their eating habits, puts on their gym shoes and pledges to never drink alcohol ever again. Here are a couple of snack ideas that I have been loving recently and they are super healthy too!

 
 Dark Chocolate is actually really good for you (in moderation obviously). I made these with dark chocolate, dried cranberries and seeds. I used sunflower and flax seeds but you can use any of your choice. I just melted the chocolate, 70% cocoa or above is best then I added the seeds and cranberries. I put the mixture in a mould and put it in the fridge to set. Easy peasy and so yummy, a piece of this and a glass of red wine and you will have a very happy heart. If you put them in an airtight container they will last up to three weeks in the fridge,

The next thing I made was a healthy flapjack. Its just oats melted with honey, a bit of granola and seeds and dried cranberries. I then put it in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until golden. Because of the sweetness it feels like a naughty snack, perfect to get you through the mid morning.


Other little snacks I have been loving include reduced fat red pepper hummus with carrot sticks, celery sticks or oatcakes. Lightly salted popcorn which I have had a lot and seeds and dried cranberries on their own are really handy to keep in your handbag for when you get peckish. Happy snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment