Sunday 7 February 2016

Tartan A-line Dress

As part of my decision to try and make something new each month, my January make was this tartan a-line dress with a peter pan collar. I made a skirt out of the same fabric which I will show you at a later date.  

I used a pattern I already had, I made a new sleeve pattern and lengthened the bodice pattern as the one pictured was for a shirt.

This cute peter pan collar was from eBay and I sewed it onto the dress by hand.

The thing I like about this dress is how versatile it is. You can wear it in the daytime with tights, chelsea boots and a jacket (which is what I wore to work the other day) or you could wear it in the evening with heels. It is super comfy and I am happy I made it, I can see myself wearing this quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment