Monday 12 September 2016

Sister Act The Musical - Reveiw

Last week I went to watch Sister Act the Musical with my cousin and a friend. I bought the tickets ages ago so it was a nice surprise when it came around. We went into Manchester early to go round the shops and get some tea before the show. 
I have always loved the 1992 film starring Whoopi Goldberg, the songs always put me in a good mood and I just like the character of Deloris that Whoopi played.
The musical followed the same story however all of the songs were original and didn't feature in the film but they were just as catchy. The cast were amazing and Alexander Burke did such a great job playing Deloris Van Cartier, her voice just gives me goosebumps. I thoroughly enjoyed the show and would completely recommend it. One of the highlights was the sparkly habits they wear towards the end, I loved those. The show also captured the same characters and personalities that were in the film like that of Sister Mary Robert and Sister Mary Patrick. A character that wasn't in the film but who I fell in love with was 'sweaty Eddie', I don't want to ruin anything you just need to go see it. Craig Revel Horwood did a really good job of directing the show and having his voice at the beginning was a nice touch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment