Sunday 18 June 2017

Chocolate Orange Cupcakes

I made these chocolate orange cupcakes for Marcus' mums birthday. I used a stork chocolate cupcake recipe and adapted it as I knew it was chocolate orange I wanted to do and all of the other recipes I had seen looked over complicated. These were really easy to whip up and I know will be making some more again soon.

Ingredients

For the cupcakes
115g butter
115g caster sugar
2 large eggs
75g self raising flour
40g cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder 
2 teaspoons orange essence

For the icing
85g butter
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
225g icing sugar
1 teaspoon orange essence 
decorate with mini terry's chocolate orange segments

Method 

1. Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees (I used a fan oven)

2. Put all of the cake ingredients into a mixing bowl and use a hand mixer to combine them all together. If you don't have a hand mixer you can just do it with a wooden spoon.

3. Spoon the mixture into the cake cases, I got 12 cakes out of the mixture. 

4. Place the tray in the middle of the oven and bake for between 15-20 minutes. 

5. Take the cakes out once baked and place on a wire rack to cool.

6. Beat all of you icing together in a mixing bowl and combine together. Taste to ensure you can taste the orange flavour, you can always add more if you prefer. 

7. Pipe the icing onto the cakes once they are cooled, decorate with a mini chocolate orange segment. 





No comments:

Post a Comment