Thursday 20 October 2016

Holiday to Portugal

Guys, I have the holiday blues. After leaving sunny Portugal where I went on holiday with my boyfriend Marcus and coming back home to cold Autumnal weather I just want to hibernate. I thought it would be a nice idea to look back at the place where I was this time last week,  I enjoyed the area we went to that much that I wanted to share it as an idea for others to go to on holiday. We went to a place called Portimao in the Algarve, our hotel was really nice and where we were situated we could walk into a town called Alvor which took around half an hour or there was a free bus to Portimao Town or Praia Da Rocha. We visited all of those above and had some fun exploring, eating and I took some photos of my evening outfit choices. I couldn't believe how hot it was for the time of year, we got a slight tan and had a nice dip in the sea.

On our first evening we went into Alvor Town and ate at a lovely restaurant on the harbour, the first picture was our view which was incredible. We had the most amazing food, Marcus had the Algarve Codfish and I had a mixed fish kebab. It was the freshest fish I have ever had in my life!


On this day we got a taxi into Portimao town to explore, we had dinner there and had a nice little walk along the harbour. I loved all of the sculptures along the harbour, one of my favourites was the blue birds on the side of the building. 





















The dish below was monk fish wrapped in bacon and was so good.








The one thing I noticed about Portugal was there was a lot of things made of cork and I fell in love with this bag and bracelet that I bought. 

This was a tuna steak, I have never had it before and I really enjoyed it. So fresh and delicious. 
I may have over indulged on a few crepes and waffles with nutella. This was the jumbo waffle which we shared.
The last two food pictures is a smoked sausage and my meal of steak on a stone which is a Portuguese speciality.
Such an amazing holiday, I can't wait to explore somewhere new next year. I am open to options so would love to hear anywhere nice that you have been on holiday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment